Ted has recently been rated as “Outstanding” by the group CAPR – Citizens’ Alliance for Property Rights. You can read more at their website on the CAPR OUTSTANDING LIST.
Ted has recently been given an A rating from the NRA. You can see more on their website’s list of ratings, at NRA-PVF Grades.
Ted has recently been endorsed by Log Cabin Republicans of Washington. You can read more about them at their website, Log Cabin Republicans, Washington Chapter.
Ted has recently been endorsed by Human Life of Washington. You can read more about them at their website, Human Life of Washington.
Washington Applied Code (“WAC”) is the bureaucratic code for the State of Washington. This quote is from the State L&I website regarding Safety And Health Core Rules, bottom of the first page of the form:
“Note: Emergency rule WAC 296-800-14035 – ‘2019 Novel coronavirus prohibited business activities and compliance with conditions for operations’ effective July 8, 2020 through November 5, 2020, is appended to the end of this book.“
In other words the State Emergency Coronavirus restrictions on businesses are set to last between now and precisely 48 hours after the November General Election. This means the date has not been set with regard to science or numbers, rather the date has been set politically.
Much of our State response to the virus has been political. My opponent, the Democrat House Majority leader for these past ten years, is refusing hold a special session of the State legislature to address the Coronavirus emergency before the election. And even though we have recently been projected to have a State budget shortfall of 9 Billion over the next three years he is refusing to call for a special session to address the budget.
I think our dates for business restrictions should be based on numbers and science. I think we should hold a special session of the State House immediately to address the State response to the virus and the projected budget shortfalls.
And I hope you will join me in helping my opponent retire as originally planned.
Ted has recently been endorsed by the Family Policy Institute of Washington. You can read more on their website’s list of 2020 Candidate Endorsements.
I believe we should immediately fully reopen the State and have contacted each of our 47th District legislators encouraging them to call for a special session to end the shutdown. The people of the State of Washington and the 47th District are hard working, resourceful, smart, and generally great individuals. And they are losing homes, jobs, cars, businesses, regular medical care and increasingly the ability to provide for their children. The people of our State and District are smart enough to social distance and practice proper hygiene, and to sequester those who are at risk. We need to reopen now.
Special note about the Coronavirus Disease-
Information on the Coronavirus Disease –
CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 information page –
Help if you’ve lost your job or business –
Washington State Employment Security Coronavirus page
Help if you’re facing food shortage –
Kent Food Bank
Help for Senior Citizens –
Washington State DSHS “Agencies Which Help” page
Help for families with children –
Washington State Department of Children, Youth and Families “Getting Help” page
Here is the message I believe our leaders should be giving us –
1. We still don’t have a full handle on the scope of the Coronavirus disease, which means we still don’t really know the mortality rate
2. In the coming weeks & months as testing comes on line, were going to identify first tens of thousands, then hundreds of thousands, then millions of cases, very quickly. This is to be expected. When the 2009 H1N1 virus hit, it affected over 60 million U.S. citizens, and caused over 12,000 U.S. deaths. So far Influenza A has killed 18,000 U.S. citizens since the start of the flu season, a tragically regular figure.
3. We do need to socially distance because this is a previously unknown variant of Coronavirus disease, and people over 80 or with existing lung and heart conditions should self isolate for the time being.
4. Right now most of the cases identified have been in hospitals, or very sick individuals. This has led to very high estimates for the disease’s mortality rate. As we discover additional cases of individuals who have had the virus with no or only mild symptoms – Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, several of our leaders now – we’re going to see estimates of the disease’s mortality rate pushed lower and lower.
5. People are hurting financially, mentally and – with many being effectively shut in and under stress – physically. This is the most disruptive event to Western daily life since WWII. We came together at that time and we’re coming together now. I support tax relief, the President’s individual stimulus plan and the fast tracking of vaccination development. We’re going to get through this together.
I’m running to represent you in the State Legislature and I’d like to hear your ideas. I want to know what you think government is doing well and where it needs to do better. Please call or email me anytime.
I’m a senior software tester and life-long community volunteer who lives in Covington, Washington with my wife Jalene, our five children and our two dogs. I’m currently serving as an elected precinct organizer and in the past I’ve served as a Director for Timberlane Homeowners Association and as a Director for the Africa education non-profit Portable Academic Lapdesk (PAL).
LESS TAXES ° MORE ROADS ° PROTECTING INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS ° HEALING HOMELESSNESS
Personal Cell: 206-779-8495
“Ted’s character exemplifies honest integrity and conviction to truth. He is driven with conviction to represent his constituents’ needs and interests.”
-Donald Tilly, Paccar ITD Audit Manager (Retired), U.S. Marine (Retired)
Paid for by: Friends of Ted Cooke
P.O. Box 9561
Covington, WA 98042